Saturday, November 25, 2017

Sharing the Love at Christmas Time

These little lovelies are going out to my Art Sister Team Members at 

They are pretty easy and fun to put together for friends or your own holiday decorating. I'll share the steps and the links below.


When I glitter objects, I always base-paint with the same color as the glitter I will use. Here I used white and gold paint.

 I brush gloss gel on the wings, and then sprinkle 3 different colors of gold glitter to create a vintage and aged effect. The Snowflakes are created the same way except I use the white Art Sugar. It's a really fine grade of glitter that is gorgeous. A tiny bit goes a long, long way.

The collage picture is layered onto a piece of chipboard and cut out to fit the frame. Paint the frame red, add tiny gold dots around the edge, and glue to the pictures. Use the round spacers from the wings behind the snowflakes to layer up your pieces with 3D Matte Gel or Heavy Body Gel. Add the Christmas pics behind the snowflakes.

You can add gold twine or wire in the ornament hole to hang. 

The possibilities are endless. 

This just gets your ideas flowing with your own creativity. 
Hope you're inspired to play.

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

Retro Cafe Art Products:
Vintage Christmas Collage Sheets

Other Products Used:
Metallique Paint-Royal Red (Finnabair)
Heavy Body Gel (Finnabair)
Liquid Gold Opaque Paint Marker
Finnabair Glitter (mix of 3 colors)
Christmas picks
Gold Twine

3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Oh, Linda, these are so beautiful and cute at the same time. A tree full of these would rock my world.

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So gorgeous and so thoughtful!!! XOXO

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Linda...Merry Christmas 🎄