Friday, May 19, 2017

A Rust and Patina Paste Makeover

The new Patina Pastes and Rust Pastes are out from 
Finnabair and Prima.

This is a piece that was created using the two products plus 
a few Micro Beads and some Mica Flakes.

All the Prima products used here will be carried by 
around May 25th.

This metal hanging plaque and resin medallion were found at Michael's.

The Rust Pastes go right onto the metal plaque with ease.

The Patina Pastes are added with a dry-brush technique.

I used just the Patina Pastes on the resin medallion.  A few Metallic Micro Beads and Mica Flakes are added last with Soft Matte Gel.

This new endeavor with Michael's will give some people who cannot order online and don't have art or scrapbooking stores near them a chance to buy just 8 of the many products that Prima produces.

Your Friend in ART,


Monday, May 1, 2017

My Favorite Santos Angel

Hi everyone!

It's my turn to post a project for the

I have been fortunate to have the new Patina Pastes from Finnabair in my Studio, and thought I'd combine them with a Santos Doll.

This one is my favorite, 
that stands about 11" tall.

All links are highlighted for the products used and will take you directly to the shop! 

I wanted to keep her base plain and simple like the vintage ones you see as relics. Most didn't have anything in the bottom of the cage area, and that's what I was going for. This one really is fairly simple in concept.

I started by base-coating my wings, legs, and bases with the Light Patina Metallique paint

Then comes the fun part! 

You can add these colors however you like, but this time I started with the Mint Green first and then the Blue Patina Effect Pastes. They have little grains in them that when dry, are great for adding other colors with a dry brush technique. 

I used some of the Rust Pastes Orange for just a bit more color and then the Brass Patina Paste on top of all of it. 

Here you can see how the light picks up the Brass paste on the top of the texture.

I left the Wings a bit lighter without as much Rust Paste to give them a softer color.

I assembled the base pieces but decided they could use some contrasting color.

This Steampunk Gear II Cut Out made with chipboard is painted with the Royal Red Metallique paint and the Brass Patina. A snap back fit perfectly in the center. 

I glued it together with Heavy Body Gel that is perfect when gluing to things with texture. 

I painted the doll next with 2 coats of flesh-colored acrylic paint. Then I drew a neckline on with a Sharpie and painted portions of the bodice and arms red. Stamp with black Archival ink and add Brass paint accents.

The Grungy Butterfly has mostly Mint Green Patina with just a touch of Brass, and various Metallique paints added on her wings.

The Ornate Fleur Cut-Out was perfect for her headdress and fit perfectly behind Art Doll Push Mold face made with paper clay. I used the same "really" old clear cling stamp from somewhere for the body and headdress.

I used Fresco Paints for the face and sealed with Soft Gloss Gel.

A Gunmetal Ball chain makes up her necklace and she has beautiful Rhinestone Chain (the ones linked are very similar) draped in her outstretched arms. 

I'm really happy with how she turned out....I think she's my new favorite!

On a personal note, I'll be having a Cholecystectomy on Thursday and may lay low for a while. Keep me in your thoughts for some good results. I'm tired of going to the ER with this thing they call a Gallbladder. It will soon be in a jar.

Your Friend in ART,