Friday, March 3, 2017

A Decorated Tin Can and Video!

This was a gift from my daughter. It contained an Amaryllis bulb to plant.

I loved the flower...but the tin can intrigued me even more. 

This picture is before I decided I had to add even more waxes....it's hard to know when to stop.


Here is what I did to decorate it.


I used paperclay and Iron Orchid Designs moulds to create several elements.
They're glued to the tin with Heavy Body Gel. 


Then I started to add Art Alchemy Waxes to the tin and the moulds using my finger and a soft brush.


The Tin Hearts are glued to the centers of 2 of the pieces. Archival ink stampings are added to the ridges using Signage II and Hardware II collections from IOD.

I made a short video after it was all done. 


Hope you enjoy and are inspired to play.

Linda

Finnabair Art Alchemy Waxes - Metalliques Rich Copper, Vintage Gold, Bronze Age - Antique Brilliance Red Amber

Finnabair Art Basics - Heavy Body Gel

Finnabair Mechanicals - Tin Hearts

Creative - Paperclay

7 comments:

Kari said...

I need to get the waxes asap! Thanks for the inspiration.

Barbara Rankin said...

Those waxes look amazing. TFS. Going to need some!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great idea, the waxes look fabulous . I need to get mine out . Tracy x

Linda M. Cain said...

Thx for stopping by, I think you'll love these Waxes.❤

Linda M. Cain said...

Thx Barbara, I think you'll love them.❤

Linda M. Cain said...

Yes, Tracy, get them out and play.❤

Renee said...

This looks fabulous! I love those waxes