Friday, August 7, 2015

It's Never Too Late ..... Find a Way

I had a bit of fun yesterday playing in my Small Vanity Journal. I needed to make something bright and cheerful.

Sometimes you just need to dig out your stamps, and stencils and get started!!!

Here's what was going through my mind .....


Robin Roberts mother said to her daughter when she told her that her cancer had returned...."Everyone has something, Robin."

I'm thankful and healthy right now, but as I look around, I can see so many people with struggles in their lives. Too many people put off doing things and then find it's too late because of age, or health, or any number of things life throws their way.

So here is a journal page that brings me to my point,

Never give up...
Never put off till tomorrow....
You're never too old....
 Find a Way to go where you want to go, and do what you want to do...
today.


Here we go.....................


I randomly coated 2 pages in a journal with Heavy White Gesso.

Then I mixed Berry Micro Beads with Purple Mica Powder into some 3D Gloss Gel. Next I spread it over the Grungy Grid stencil. 

All these steps can be dried with a heat tool.


This shows the random pattern for applying the mixture with the stencil. 

Before cleaning off your stencil, turn it over and press the left-over mixture onto other areas of your page. It creates more fun designs on the pages and uses up the excess paste.


Then start spraying with color. 

I used Dylusions and Mica Powders mixed in water, sprayed and dripped, and then blended with more clean water sprays.

I loved the very bright colors and and the shimmery mica sprays.


You add some Mica Powder to a bottle of water and swirl to mix. Then spray and dry with heat tool. I used 2 scoops that just covered the tip of this tiny spoon in a spray bottle. 

If it's too light, dry it and spray again...as many times as you like.


This shows the beads in the Gel and how the Mica Sprays make the stenciled areas shine even more. 

I added the Chevron stencil with black archival ink in spots. 


Accents can be added with pens and pencils. Here you see the vibrancy of Bubblegum Dylusion spray.


This spot had too much spray so I used the baby wipe, shown in the corner here, to remover color from the page in spots. I also removed some from the stenciling.

I added the Stars stencil with white paint and outlined in gel pen. 


This is a section where the left-over paste was pressed onto the page. And where I removed a lot of the mica sprays almost down to the white tinted Gesso. 

I really love this and may use it for something else. That's why I only showed you the single finished page here.


This is how the sprays show up in dots when they're dried in between spraying.


It's extremely hard to photograph mica or shine. One section glares out while another is too dark, but I tried.

I stamped the phrases and clock from "It's Never Too Late" collection onto stamping paper and sprayed with a bit of Gold Mica Powder spray and added a bit of Distress Inks. 

I used "Dirty Walls" stamps in the background and outlined with white pen in spots. The Teacup from "Tea on Deck" sneaked in there, too, with a few other random stamps.

The White Sharpie pen is water based, so it picks up color from the sprays when you write over them. And the Black pen writing adds a bit of journaling around the page.

Time is wasting.....get to work....and keep trying.

It's never too late.

Linda

15 comments:

Helen said...

Very true, Linda! gorgeous texture and colours - love this page!

snazzyoriginal said...

Amazing colour and texture x

scrappallino said...

You're right, I agree with everything you've written, and these pages are really fantastic!

Anneke said...

Very inspiring. Beautiful.

Hazel Agnew said...

Thank you for your beautiful art and your poignant words that are so true! I am in a hole health wise at the moment but it has lifted me to try a little harder! I love the combinations of inks, mica, stencilling etc! It's a feast of energy! Thanks! Xx

Lynda Shoup said...

Thank you for sharing photos from a variety of angels. The photos are wonderful! Your explanation of your process was great to read. The effects are scrumptious.

Love your page!

Linda O'Connor said...

Another beauty Linda. Luv the vibrant colors and textures. Better go get busy. You inspire me!

Linda M. Cain said...

Just playing with bright colors takes you to another place. Feel better my friend.

Linda M. Cain said...

Thank you so much!

Linda M. Cain said...

I'm here to serve Linda!!! Big hugs!

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous journal page and I love the colors and textures. And, I love the sparkle (must be the old crow in me).

P.S. I had my classes with Finn this week and had such an amazing time and learned so very much. She is the sweetest and most down to earth person ever. She is an awesome teacher and very patient. Two amazing days!

Unknown said...

Linda you are always an inspiration to me and your art always shines ❤️❤️❤️

crazy4atc said...

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your tutorial,beautiful page!

Seth said...

Gorgeous texture, color and details.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a gorgeous page; the texture is almost edible. Many thanks!