It's been a rainy day. Bill's watching Wimbledon and I've been playing in the Studio.
I got a stash yesterday from Kristin and Retro Cafe Art, so my desk is covered in projects.
But these two were well on their way, and of course the fabulous Fresco Paints from PaperArtsy come together and create magic....IMHO.
You people here in the States, don't forget to check out the Frantic Stamper links below for all the fantastic Fresco Paints. She has them all!!! And lots more stamps are on the way!!!!!
This one starts with Grunge Paste and the Boogie stencil on a tag.
Then all the gorgeous paints are added when it's dry...right over the whole thing - Grunge Paste and all.
If you want a bit of a tutorial on how to add the layers of paint to your projects...check out this post
When it's dry, sand away predominately on the edges.
I outlined in Grey Tombow pen and Black permanent extra fine pen.
Stamp with Archival Inks and PaperArtsy stamps. And add some Guacamole Paint stamping as well.
The Words (you get a whole pile of them already cut apart) are glued on last and then the whole piece is layered onto black chipboard (of course).
I edged the tag with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint and added a bow.
This one started much the same way, only on a larger tag. Add the Grunge Paste with the XY-XX Stencil and let it dry. The stroke marks in the paste create a very interesting texture. I LOVE it.
Sponge on the Fresco Paints in a pattern I would call a celestial. But that's just the way I see it.
Sand it to reveal what you like.
It needed something, so I hit it with a spritz of Black Marble Dylusions Spray. It broke it up.
The RAC Star Mix Cutouts are painted and the smaller ones on top have just a dot of Glitter Glue in the center.
The words are layered onto black chipboard that's had the Brass Distress Paint painted on the top.
Add to a piece of plain chipboard that's been painted around the edges, punch a hole, add some Tulle, and it's a done deal.
As always, I love to know what you think.
Have fun........stay dry!
- #8 Manila Tag
- Retro Cafe Art Stencil - Boogie and Words-Newspaper Grey
- PaperArtsy - Fresco Paints - Lilac, Very Berry, Eggplant, Guacamole, Blood Red
- Paper Artsy Ink and the Dog Mini Stamps - 18, 22, 28, 56, and 72
- Ranger Jet Black and Olive Archival Ink
- Black Ribbon
- #12 Manila Tag
- Retro Cafe Art Stencil - XY-XX
- Retro Cafe Art - Star Mix Cut-Outs
- Retro Cafe Art- Words-Newsprint Grey
- PaperArtsy - Fresco Paints - Bora Bora, Beach Hut, Mermaid, Squid, Eggplant, Haystack, Smoked Paprika, Brown Shed and Blood Red
- Tim Toltz Distress Paint - Tarnished Brass
- Dylusions Sprays - Black Marble
- Martha Stewart - Turquoise Iridescent Glitter Glue
- Black Tulle