Friday, November 29, 2013

Vintage Christmas Cabinet Card

'Tis the Season.....here we go!
 
I wanted to use the terrific Cabinet Card from Tim Holtz in a card with all the Christmas Dies I could find....so I just spent a few hours cutting out a whole bunch of paper and chipboard pieces.
 
When they were all piled on my desk, all over the place, I was ready to play.
 
Just sit.....and play! All the die cutting was done! No excuses!
 
 
Well, needless to say, I LOVE how this turned into a Vintage Christmas Card with just a bit of glitter.
 
I'll share the high points, and you can get going on your own.

 
This Lamppost is cut out of a scrap of Glossy Cardstock that I'd added Alcohol Inks to ages ago. The Gold Metallic is probably used with Browns, Greens and a Blue. It's just a guess.
 
 I also cut a piece out of black cardstock and glued it slightly to the right to create a shadow. Edge with a Black Sharpie.
 
I used a piece of yellow scrap to add some Orange Distress Markers for a lit-up effect.

 
The NOEL is cut with gold cardstock. I used Glue-n-Seal with the brush and the Tarnished Brass Distress Glitter....very Vintage looking, I think.

 
The Wreath is cut from a piece of scrapbook paper with at lighter leaf and flower design. I used a sanding block, Distress Pens, and Distress Inks on it.
 
The Bow is just plain cardstock with Distress Inks and Distress Pens to add detail. The Gold Glittered Pearl looks good in the center.

 
After if was all laid out, I wanted a bit more GLITZ, so I added some Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the Wreath and Bow.
 
The Lamppost comes with Holly Leaves, but they seemed to blend in too much with the Wreath, so I used a piece of the the Pinecone Die's Leaves to go with the Holly Berries. Add some white pen to make it stand out better. Tone it down with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
 
I tore the back off the Cabinet Card and distressed the edges all around.
 
Layer it onto a Black Card and the whole thing kinda pops!
 
Love it!
 
All these supplies are available right now at Inspiration Emporium, so check them out soon!
 
Linda
 
Products Used from Inspiration Emporium:
Sizzix - Bigz Die - Holiday Lamppost
Sizzix - Bigz Die - Holiday Wreath
Sizzix - Bigz Die - Vintage Noel
Sizzix - Bigz Die - Tattered Pinecone
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Tim Holtz - Distress Glitter - Tarnished Brass
Tim Holtz - Distress Stickles- Clear Rock Candy 1 oz
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Cabinet Card Frames
Inkssentials - Surfaces - Gloss Paper, 12x12
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Inkssentials™ - Glue N' Seal - 1 oz. Matte
Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
Tim Holtz - Vagabond Machine

9 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

I love how you drew on the wreath and the holly on the lamp post is genius.

mamablitger said...

Oh dear.... Another fabolous project from you. This is so adorable..
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs from SPAIN

Sue from Oregon said...

Outstanding!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! A perfect vintage Christmas card.

Shelly Hickox said...

So many great ideas here, Linda. I can't even pick a favorite!! Beautiful piece!

Martina said...

Dear Linda, this is very impressive!
Stunning work. Love your creation!

The Artistic Spirit said...

great piece Lin. Merry Christmas!

Bali Hut Super Store said...

A piece of art, a big creation and a clever idea! I’m amazed how the card looks like when it’s done, got little curious and tried it at home for my little kids. I think I love making it with different colors in a different theme. Looking forward for another idea.

Theresa said...

Just finished making my version of this card. Love how it turned out. thanks as always for sharing.