Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Altered Hand Trinket Shrine Pendant

I am currently possessed by the projects with Hands from Retro Cafe Art.
 
This is the Hand Trinket Shrine made into a Pendant or Necklace.
 
 
I basecoat it with Snowflake Fresco Paint and then add various colors to the edges.
 
The rest is done with Sharpie Permanent Markers....Doodles, and Doodles + Color.
 
The Steampunk Lady in the background is from a Collage Sheet...Gear Head Steampunk by Debrina Pratt HERE.
 
I absolutely LOVE this sheet!

 
I had a Vintage Ball Chain and a Clock Face that I glued into the center.
 
The Flower on top is a Mini Fairy Bloom I accidentally broke somehow, but it worked great with a Silver Nail Head.
 
 
The Ball Chain fits easily into the channel made from the 3 layers of the hand.
 
Click HERE to see a better picture of how the chain fits through.
 
 
 
This is the Back that's painted with Blood Orange, Lilac, Eggplant, and London Bus Fresco Paints.
 
I stamped the Ink and the Dog Mini 59 from PaperArtsy (Watch Collage) on the back with Jet Black Archival Ink.
 
The Frantic Stamper carries the Fresco Paints and PaperArtsy Stamps now!
 
So check out the links, let me know if you have any comments or questions, and I'll be back hopefully soon with my Steampunk Collage using lots and lots of ephemera!
 
Come on Mailman.....deliver the goods!!!
 
Linda

9 comments:

Lizzy Wurmann G. said...

Love this!!

Gio said...

Wow, so beautiful and original. Love the colours, the shape, the depth. Amazing!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Love how creative this is! Hands of time, lol

Lori said...

Ooo, love the hands! Talk to the hand! lol... And a steampunk collage? You know I'll be all over that one like white on rice!! lol

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

This piece is AMAZING Linda! I just adore all of the bright colors!!! The doodling is perfect! Hopefully the mailman shows up today! Woohoo! xoxo

Unknown said...

I really love this piece...Your so special.

Vic said...

Wow, fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, SO gorgeous!!!

Kathi said...

Totally love this. Both the back and front are fabulous. It would be ever-so-cool if the watch actually worked too.