Monday, May 6, 2013

Blue Moon from Retro Cafe Art

I love playing with Fresco Paints from  PaperArtsy, and  Coffee Break Designs  from  Retro Cafe Art!
 
They are  PERFECT  together.
 
So you can imagine that I really enjoyed making this cute wall hanging that could house any number of pictures or treasures. 
 
 
If you've been here before, you know how these kits come flat, you paint them and then glue together.

I made this in one afternoon...seriously..painted it, stenciled the stars on, stamped the inside of the cubbyhole, and glued it together.
 
I hung charms and beads from the pre-drilled holes, but they can also be ordered without the holes.  So cool.


It's always hard to get a picture inside the pieces, so I took this on my worktable before I glued it into the Moon.
 
The inside has stamps from PaperArtsy - Ink and the Dog Minis, two of my all-time favorites, and of course, the wonderful blending paints from Fresco.
 
If you ever try these paints, you'll be spoiled forever. See how they glow??? The Haystack, with Smoked Paprika on the edges and some Brown Shed, are so warm.
 
The Moon is really the Turquoisey color here. Blues never look right when I photograph them..in daylight, Ott Light, or whatever. Nothing shows the beauty that is really here.
 
The Blues are Bora Bora as a base, with Beach Hut, South Pacific, and Inky Pool on the edges blended in.
 
So fun!
 
Linda
 Products Used:
 
Retro Cafe Art - Coffee Break Designs - Moon Shrine Kit, Star Mix Cutouts.
Retro Cafe Art - Stencils  - Night Sky Star Set Stencils.
Retro Cafe Art - Collage Sheets - Applegate Family
 
Paper Artsy - Ink and the Dog Stamps - Mini 74 Script, and Mini 22 Numbers.
 
Other Products Used:
Ranger  -  Cut n Dry Foam
Ranger -  Jet Black Archival Ink
Vintaj - Brass Embossed Star, Jump Rings
Clear Rhinestones
Crafter's Pick - The Ultimate Glue

4 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I so agree with you about the Frescos! They are amazing - texture, colour - everything about them! And they go really well with the R C A things too. This is a lovely make. Julie Ann xx

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Such a beautiful blue moon Linda! Love everything about it!

Lori said...

I love the blues on the moon, nice blending!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE!!! I love the cubby hole, love the numbers, and love the moon! WOW!