Friday, August 19, 2011

Vintaj and Embossing Enamel




BOY! Am I having fun today. 

I got on Jess Italia's blog for Vintaj and followed along with the directions and this is what I got! Click on the link and check it out!


 Now this was my 3rd piece....practice always makes things better. I LOVE the Bronze and Gold!!!!!



It's hard to take a picture without glare. This on is straight on, over the top, so you can't see the last layer of UTEE as well, but you can see the gorgeous colors better.



This was my 2nd piece. The little flower is laid in before the top layer of clear UTEE.

Love the metallic colors of Gold and Bronze with the the Verdigris Antiquities and a touch of Lettuce.





And this was my 1st try. Not so cool, but I decided to show you it because it proves things do get better with practice, and so don't give up.

I have no clue where the white came from. I used Lettuce, Fired Brick, and some very fine black I had from somewhere.


I messed with it too much, and that's when the white appeared. I'm sure someone will know out there and tell me.





And I got around to organizing ONE little corner today. That made me happy. Put away a bunch of old wood mounted stamps and made room for easier access to my supplies.

Oldest granddaughter Brit still maintains I should knock out the wall between the 2 bedrooms and make my studio 2 open rooms. She is brilliant. Could not live with the mess during the redo!


Products used:
Vintaj - Flying Bird West, Artisan Heart, Blossom Bead CapAltered Blank Rectangle, Scarab Charm, T-Shirt Altered Blank.

Ranger - Melting Pot, small piece of Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Clear UTEE, Bronze UTEEGold UTEE, Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress EP, Lettuce Adirondack EP, Antiquities Verdigris


So, have a great weekend.

Stay safe and be good to each other!

Linda

10 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

ooo ... that looks interesting! tho i have no idea what technique this is ... will definitely go check the link out :) thanks for sharing!! and you just made me go green with them little bottle you got there!!

Elaine A said...

Gorgeous Linda! Love how these turned out. I wish I had time to play, but as I'm sure you've heard, Verizon Union is out on strike. As for me, so busy working to make sure the mgrs. sent out have all the information they need. So no playtime for me as long as this continues. Which I hope is not long.

Elaine Allen

Netty said...

Wow Linda, they have turned out brilliantly. Loving the look. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Charlene E. said...

I'm so envious of all your little bottles!

misteejay said...

Beautiful work Linda - I love the different colours of each piece but I think the heart is my favourite.

That collection of bottles is super...lots to play with there.

Don't think I could cope with the mess/disruption that a major re-build would cause.

Have a great weekend.

Toni xx

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!! I think the Adirondack EPs might have a white base because I sometimes see tiny speckles of white when I use them????

Sharon said...

Well I agree with Brit!!! I have the same idea, but OMG what a disaster while it was going on. AND you have help in hubs and relatives like the lovely Brit! I have no one, so it will not happen. Can't do it alone!! Ha! Love to see that nice organized corner! You go, Girl!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Looks brill, off to Jess's blog to have look :))
TFS
xx

Shelly Hickox said...

These are all so fantastic!! I have got to get the stuff and give this a try.

I'm seriously drooling over your supply shelf too! :-)

Jo Ann said...

The distress powders have a white core and will leave white everytime no matter how little you touch them.