Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vintage Men and Butterflies


Hey everyone, I've been cleaning out the Studio...waaaayyy too much old stuff that I'll never use in a million years!

But along the way, I allowed myself to take breaks and time to play.

I've had several people ask about the Distress Stains..."are they different? do I really need them?"

YES.....they are totally different and I LOVE them.....still love my Distress Inks, too, but they work so well together.



I started with a large Manila Tag, and added Wild Honey stain at the bottom and center, then the Peeled Paint to top and swiped over the middle. Let dry and add a second layer.

Let blend in and then add direct to paper the Black Archival Ink to the edges and roughly over the top.

Add the stamps from Tim's Steampunk set with Coffee and Jet Black Archival ink.

Then I used the Dusty Concord to pounce color onto manila card stock and added to the back of the tag. I also added Concord Distress Ink over the edges to blend.

The Rosette was cut and sprayed with Copper Perfect Pearls Mists....very cool look!!! I added a strip of Tissue Tape to break up the color.

Add the Bingo Game piece, a sticker from the Crowded Attic collection, gold sequin stars, and Pen Nibs for fun.

And here's the Butterfly part of the post. I made these butterflies cut with Tim's Mini Butterflies die earlier. I added Alcohol Inks and Copper Metallic Acrylic Dabber.

They were kind of dull.....so today I stamped on them! Now this I like!!! Sprayed some Turquoise PP Mist on black chipboard....is that cool, or what?

That's it for today....can' wait to get up to Creative Cuts and Crafts this weekend! Classes are ready to go....and so am I.

Do you think they'd like some butterflies to play with??? Maybe I should cut out a bunch to take along....sounds like a plan.

Linda

13 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Linda, such a cool tag, but loving the butterflies.. and as for clearing up your studio.. wana come do mine?LOL
Have a fun weekend
xx

misteejay said...

Beautiful tag - those colours look great and I love that stamped image. So you've been clearing up and creating...gosh, well done you.

Toni xx

cheryl said...

oh you do some amazing work hun just love love that tag,and as for that butterfly that is just gorgeous,great colors hugs cherylxxx

Unknown said...

Well done you on the big tidy! Lovely work as always! Great colours!

Kaz Hall said...

Oooo thos edistress stains are just so yummy, nearly got the 12 .....just hope they realese more colours, love your tag too, thanks for popping by my blog too xx

kazx

Sarah said...

Love the rich tones and finer details... - working on some butterflies too - but no die!!!

Martina said...

Linda, your art blows me away. This is a beautiful piece...every detail is perfect!

Charlene E. said...

If you need some place to get rid of your "stuff you won't use in a million years" I will give you directions to my house, LOL!
Love love that tag. I could never get my tags to look so cool and random with the colors.

Lori said...

So cool, I really love this..

Kelly K said...

I think Wild Honey and Peeled Paint are my new two favorite colors.

Art By Wanda said...

Both the tag and the butterfly are wonderful!!!! Love the butterfly!!!!

Deb Smith said...

Just adoring the stinking little butterflies. Hopefully will get to make some sometime soon.

2amscrapper said...

I love your tag and butterfly. I really like working with the distress stains.