Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BEAUTIFUL Peacock Metal-UPDATE



***UPDATE-One of the comments said this color looked more green than blue. That is a result of the Luminarte misting and the angle of the shot. This shows the finished project on the left and the original metal on the right. The picture of the finished project is taken under an Ott light...not always good....but it's the only way I've found you can show a "metallic" affect that is very hard to photograph. If you look at the metal straight-on...it's more blue, at an angle...it's more green. See the color to the far left turning more green?


But, that having been said....I think the photo of original metal is too blue...it's really more turquoise. *****


This blue is truly GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have got to tell you. It's the Peacock color that Ten Seconds Studio just released.


I used a couple of new molds and the older diamond one here. Also used Lin Brown's fabulous "controlled squish" method to get out of spackling the back.


She is BRILLIANT!


Then I sprayed with some of the new Luminarte sprays(recently bought by Creative Imaginations) and added a bit of Alcohol Inks to the raised areas. Some black acrylic paint was used in some of the recessed areas as well.


TOO MUCH FUN!!!! I put it on a square canvas and will use it for something. But I had to show you how beautiful this new color is with the gold accents.


Go Play and CREATE ART!

10 comments:

2amscrapper said...

This really has a WOW factor!

Scrapthat said...

This looks like a ton of fun! Great job! If I shopped the net you would have enabled me for sure!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Just beautiful ..... love the color and the composition ...... Linda F

Helen said...

oh, that colour is brill! I have a WIP using the controlled squish right now, just need mojo to help me finish it

kelsey said...

I SOOOO love the colour in this Linda!!! Just absolutely beautiful.

Kathy Eddy said...

This is gorgeous and that color is fantastic! Great job on it.

Art By Wanda said...

It is gorgeous!!! Although on my screen is looks more green. Will we get to see the rest of the canvas :-))

Sharon Margiotta said...

Gor-jus! Peacock Blue and Bronze God .... THE best!!

Lori said...

Yay, love this color! That controlled squish is very fun. Love this color with the gold accents.

Joyce said...

Gorgeous color and your sample is really kewl! Love the gold accents. And the "controlled squish" would be done how??? Curious minds want to know.