Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tutorial for Slider Tin

Several of you have asked about the slider tin necklaces. They can be made with many different sizes of sliders or lid-top tins.

I like the slider as it can hang as a necklace and have holes punched for a ball chain to slide easily through. Blick's carries a 2 hole metal punch that works.

When I give a class, I have DH drill the holes with his drill press. Much easier for a bunch.

The tins are hard to find right now, but Product Performers does carry the medium sized ones. My favorite is the long thin one I used on Little David. There is a tutorial on PID blog with directions on how to make that slider. (Scroll way down)

But I can't find any at the moment. Help!!!

You can add paper or metal to the lid. Embellishments are unending!

Have fun.

One week until Ranger U!!!! Getting Excited!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Linda,

I just had a look at David's slider tin, it's gorgeous. I have a couple of little tins so I'm going to have to try this.

Cheers

Jen Crossley said...

WIsh I was coming to ranger U with you what fun and art we would get up to.
Say hi to Tim for me
Jen